The back yard.

The back yard.
I Love These Trees.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Elephant Ears

......Back to the house at the end of Third Street........
I remember many things from this house.  That is probably the first time that I knew about a plant called Elephant Ears.  They had enormous leaves, thus the name Elephant Ears.  They grew at the front of the house by the steps.  There were five or six steps, which seemed pretty high to me.  You either had to stop on step 4 or 5 to swing open the screen door, or else grab the door handle and swing outward to open the screen door.  There were many times that I landed in the Elephant Ears, because I swung out too far, or the door hit my foot and knocked me off the step.  That was a little hard on the Elephant Ears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment