The back yard.

The back yard.
I Love These Trees.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"Snips and snails and puppy dog tails.........that's what little boys are made of."


Speaking of puppy dog tails.........back when I was a little girl, living at the end of Third Street, we had what seemed like a big house, with the tall steps out in front.  At my age it seemed like a pretty cool house.  We also had dogs when we lived there.  I can not tell you what kind of dogs they were, they were just dogs.  They were a type of dog that when they were small you cut their tails off.  That always seemed a little drastic to me, but I was only 4 or 5 years old.  My Dad always went to the front steps to cut their tails off, right where the Elephant Ears were growing.    I remember one time that he had just cut the puppies tails off, and later that day I was trying to get in the door.  As usual, I grabbed the door handle, swung backwards, and fell right down into the Elephant Ears, right where the puppy dog tails were.  I was screaming, "I'm on the puppy dog tails, I'm on the puppy dog tails......"
That may be part of what scarred me for life.........



No comments:

Post a Comment